A free ActiveX for ASP String processing was released today. It is not yet visible on the Chilkat site, but the download and API examples are located here: ASP String Component
- Convert to/from RFC 822 Date/Time Strings
- Convert to/from RFC 3339 Date/Time Strings
- Language Detection - Determine what languages are present in a string: Latin1, Central European, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Cyrillic, US-ASCII. Provides the character count of each for a given string.
- Encoding/Decoding for Base64, Hex, URL, and Quoted-Printable
- HTML entity encoding and decoding
- Character encoding conversion
- Load and save text files in any character encoding
- Strip HTML tags from a string.
- Pluralize and Unpluralize English words
- String replacement (first occurance or all occurances)
- Wildcard pattern matching with ‘*’
- Emit Multibyte Text for Response.BinaryWrite
- Various other helpful string processing functions not available elsewhere…
Send support questions to email@example.com. I hope you find it useful.
Note, the component can also be used in Visual Basic 6.0, Delphi, Foxpro, MFC, or any other programming language capable of using ActiveX components.