Apparently, there is a conflict over a temp folder between Visual Studio 2005 and the web application pool in ASP.NET 2.0. Here is the reported solution:
- Make sure Visual Studio 2005 is closed.
- Go to the ASP.NET temp folder for the 2.0 Framework and delete your application’s folder(s). The ASP.NET temp folder is located in a directory such as: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files, although it may be different for your computer.
- Restart IIS (not sure if that’s absolutely necessary)
- Browse to your application’s page before opening Visual Studio 2005.
- Now you can open VS2005 and work w/out the problem re-occuring.