Index of Chilkat Blog Posts
October 9, 2005
Mail Component Q/A - Junk Email, Message-ID, Custom Headers
- How do I prevent emails sent from going into the receiver’s Junk Email folder?
- How do I set the Message-ID header?
- How can I add additional headers?
- It’s not under your control. External mail servers and the filtering done by the receivers mail client determine what is classified as junk.
- Call AddHeaderField("Message-ID","newValue"). Also, be sure to set the mailman.AutoGenMessageId property = false because the Message-ID field is somewhat special. Chilkat automatically generates a new message ID with each email to prevent SMTP servers from dropping emails mistaken as duplicates. What happened in the past was that Chilkat customers would re-use the same email object without changing the Message-ID. The first email is sent OK, but subsequent emails are not because the SMTP server perceives them to be duplicates because of identical message IDs.
- Call emali.AddHeaderField.
Statement. Copyright 2000-2011 Chilkat
Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Components for Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, 2003 Server, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 95/98/NT4.