This post describes how to manage the certificates for the "Local Machine" certificate store, as opposed to the "Current User" certificate store. If you are sending encrypted email or receiving signed email, the private key is not required. You only need to install the digital certificate in the local machine’s certificate store.
To manage certificates for a computer:
1. Log on to the system as an administrator.
2. Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
3. On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.
4. Under Snap-in, double-click Certificates, click Computer account, and then click Next.
5. Do one of the following:
6. To manage certificates for the local computer, click Local computer, and then click Finish.
7. To manage certificates for a remote computer, click Another computer and type the name of the computer, or click Browse to select the computer name, and then click Finish.
8. Click Close. Certificates (Computer Name) appears on the list of selected snap-ins for the new console.
9. If you have no more snap-ins to add to the console, click OK.
10. To save this console, on the File menu, click Save.