- Support incidents should begin with an email to email@example.com.
- Please include your most recently purchased unlock code in support email.
- Pre-sales questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources of Information
- Reference Documentation
- Example Programs at example-code.com
- Chilkat Blog at http://www.cknotes.com/
Success/Failure Return Values
Methods that return a boolean always return True for success and False for failure. (ActiveX methods return 1 for success, 0 for failure. Objective-C methods return YES for success and NO for failure.) If a method returns a new instance of a Chilkat object, a NULL (or nil, null, 0, etc. depending on the programming language) is returned upon failure.
The LastErrorText property is common to most Chilkat classes/objects in all programming languages. It provides detailed information about the last method called on an object instance. The LastErrorText is the first place to get more information about why a method failed or behaved unexpectedly. The LastErrorText will contain information even when a method call is successful.
30-Day Trial / UnlockBundle
Chilkat objects are unlocked at runtime by calling the UnlockBundle method once at the start of your program. A fully-functional 30-day trial begins when an arbitrary string (such as "Hello World") is passed to UnlockBundle. See the links under Unlocking Chilkat for more information.
Chilkat methods (in any programming language) never raise exceptions to indicate failure. All failures are indicated by the return value of the method.
- Licenses include 1-year unlimited email support.
- Phone support may be possible under special circumstances, but only pre-arranged via an email conversation.
- Support incidents must begin with email.
- You may be asked to provide your purchased unlock code.
Support Contact Information
Phone: 1-630-258-1871 (pre-sales questions, please use email.)