- The Chilkat License is a perpetual license that never expires. Support expires, and support may be renewed. However, the license itself never expires.
- New version upgrades are free while support is not expired. Support renewal provides the means to stay current with the latest versions of Chilkat. If support lapses for more than 3 months, the license must be repurchased at the regular price to resume support.
- The Chilkat components and libraries may be used on any number of computers or servers.
- The license is royalty-free, meaning that Chilkat redistributables (DLLs and shared libraries) may be included with your application's deployment/installer packages.
of the type of license purchased, a Chilkat component can be
used in any number of applications, and can be redistributed
royalty-free with your applications to end-users.
- Licenses are sold on a per-developer basis.
Will my unlock codes expire after 1-year? Answer: No,
the unlock code(s) you receive with any purchase have no expiration.
"Four developers will be actively developing an application
using Chilkat components, but another 20 developers are working
on the same application but not using the components directly.
What license do I need to purchase?". Answer: You
only need a 4-developer license because only 4 developers are
programming with the component.
"One developer will be programming with a Chilkat component,
but the component will be installed on many computers. What
license do I need?". Answer: You only need a 1-Developer
"I'm currently a licensed customer and use the Chilkat FTP2 ActiveX. I wish to migrate the application to .NET. Do I need to purchase another license?". Answer: No. Your unlock code is valid for all platforms: ActiveX, all .NET Frameworks, VC++ (all versions), GCC/Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, etc, Linux, Windows, and any other operating systems supported now or in the future. etc.
(Regarding a 1-Developer License) "If I leave the project and someone else takes over can he use the same license (i.e. license for one developer at a time) or not (i.e. license for a specific named developer only ever)?". Answer: The license is actually for one specific named developer. The reason is because a new developer presents a new support load (i.e. might be asking the same questions again, or new questions) and it's the equivalent support load of 2 developers.
here for the full License Agreement.
Statement. Copyright 2000-2017 Chilkat
Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
(Regarding the usage of the Android logo) Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons
3.0 Attribution License.
Send feedback to email@example.com
Software components and libraries for Linux, MAC OS X, iOS, Android™, Solaris, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD, MinGW
Azure, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, etc.