Chilkat PureBasic Module
for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Getting Started Instructions
- Download and unzip to any directory.
- The native Windows, Linux, and MacOS implementation are contained in the DLL, .so, and dylib files:
- chilkatPb-9_5_0.dll (The Chilkat DLL for 64-bit Windows)
- chilkatPb32-9_5_0.dll (The Chilkat DLL for 32-bit Windows)
- libchilkatPb-9_5_0.dylib (The Chilkat dylib for MacOSX)
- libchilkatPb-9_5_0.so (The Chilkat shared library for 64-bit Linux)
- libchilkatPb32-9_5_0.so (The Chilkat shared library for 32-bit Linux)
- The Chilkat PureBasic modules are the .pb files beginning with "Ck". For example:
- Important: Make sure the .pb files and .so/.dll/.dylib are from the same Chilkat version. Mixing different older/newer .pb sources with a different version shared lib will result in a crash.
- Example Code: Chilkat PureBasic Module Example Code
- Reference Documentation: Chilkat PureBasic Module Reference Documentation
- Important: If your code using Chilkat crashes on your first try, it is because the native libary (.so, .dll, or .dylib) could not be found by the operating system. See this Chilkat Forum post for information: PureBasic OpenLibrary Failed
- Note:If your PureBasic application is a shared DLL, then make sure to call each Chilkat module's ckInitGlobal before using it. For example, for CkZip call CkZip::ckInitGlobal(). The call(s) to ckInitGlobal can be placed within the AttachProcess method of the DLL.
Process Windows Events in Loops that Take a Long Time to Run
If your code has a loop that takes a long time to run, then make sure to process Windows events by calling WindowEvent. See PureBasic WindowEvent, and PureBasic Windows Message Handling. Otherwise Windows will complain that your application has stopped responding.